Monday, July 13, 2015

Switzerland

We all flew together from Dublin Ireland to Zurich Switzerland Saturday April 28th.

While in Switzerland we stayed with different families related to M. They were all so kind and happy to see the family, but still very welcoming to me, who they had never and will probably never see again.



  Here is a view from one of the windows in the first home we stayed in (Neerach Switzerland).

We went on a cable car and ate lunch at a restaurant. Here are some pictures from that trip. I'm not sure if Wirzweli is the name of the town or the park, but here is a website for the area: Wirzweli









Nice massage for the cows!
A view from the cable car





Stairs leading up to the relatives house. Many houses that are on hills and have stairs, like these, leading up to the homes.


One of the reasons for this European trip was so that the family could purchase a car. We drove to and through Geneva to pick up the Volvo.

Jet d'Eau

It's a different style than I am familiar with, so I took a picture. :-) A European toilet.


We stayed overnight (in Bueren??) with some of M's different relatives. They live up in the mountain where you drive on narrow roads with switchbacks to get up there. Buses drive this route daily.
I love the wood and how the shutters are useful, as well as decorative. I love the beautiful natural landscaping too. Truthfully ALL of Switzerland has gorgeous landscaping!

In front of the house, on the grass, on top of the garage.


 

We spent the day in Xanderheim on a dairy farm where M's dad grew up. Family still lives on and runs the farm.



 
One of the beautiful cows. They are so loved and cared for in Switzerland (see the above cow massage video!) While at the farm we got to taste some fresh milk, right from the cow, it was delicious!
uh...it's been awhile, I don't remember if this is a picture from Xanderheim or another spot in Switzerland. Stunningly green and beautiful though, with snow still in the mountains in the background.


I enjoy experiencing new foods/drink. M introduced the boys and I to "rivella". When we stayed with family in Bueren, we ate fondue. It was great to experience that Swiss tradition while in Switzerland. For breakfasts: there were a variety of cheeses, butter, jam, "Nutella", crusty breads, and meats all offered, along with a variety of beverages. I was introduced to other foods, but I don't remember what they were. A variety of Swiss chocolate was wonderful to taste while in the county and Jarom was very grateful for the chocolate that I brought home to share with him.





*This is my first post created at a different time than the introduction and Ireland. I have, unfortunately, forgotten why I saved the particular pictures that I did for posting to the blog and what their stories are.    One more European trip post left...Germany.

No comments: